Win 12 tubes of the new Wilson Triniti tennis ball
The innovative new Wilson Triniti tennis ball can not only boast at being the world’s first truly sustainable ball with fully recyclable packing but Wilson are also giving 5% of all profits to help boost their global sustainability efforts. Now that’s definitely worth shouting about!
We’ve teamed up with Wilson to give 4 lucky winners the chance to win 12 tubes of the Triniti ball, that’s 36 balls each for the 4 winners.
We asked Wilson about the new ball: “We see Triniti as a big win for players, the industry, and importantly, our environment,” said Hans-Martin Reh, General Manager, Racquet Sports. “While the tennis ball has not fundamentally changed over 40 years, it has contributed to landfill issues across the world. We decided to re-engineer the ball from the inside out to be gentler on our world while not giving an inch in performance, actually enhancing it.”
About the Triniti ball
Two key engineering elements make up the Triniti tennis ball. First is the core of the ball. Triniti’s core is made from a plastomer material. This material weighs less than the traditional core of a tennis ball, which allowed Wilson product designers to thicken the core’s walls. For the player, Triniti delivers a higher degree of bounce consistency so that it can stay in play longer, and provides more control, feel and spin. Triniti maintains its “liveliness” – or fresh ball feel – four times longer than a traditional Wilson tennis ball.
The second element is the felt. Wilson engineers used STR felt, which is 50% more flexible than conventional tennis ball felt. STR felt allows for more core compression and longer dwell times. For the player, this increases the time a tennis ball stays on a racket’s strings for enhanced feel and control.
Further, these innovations – in the core and the felt – allow Triniti balls to maintain their longevity and performance without being packaged in a pressurized plastic PET container. Triniti packaging is made from recycled materials and is fully recyclable. This change in product packaging is a landmark moment for the tennis industry.
To win this prize simply answer the simple question below and cross your fingers for good luck!
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner