Wimbledon committee member Tim Henman hopeful of ‘something close to normality’ soon
Tim Henman says Wimbledon hope to ‘return to something close to normality in the near future’ after being forced to cancel in 2020.
This year was the first since the Second World War that The Championships didn’t go ahead.
Henman, though, who sits on the committee at Wimbledon, says the future is looking considerably brighter.
“We have taken too much in life for granted down the years and that includes sport,” Henman told Tennis365.
“Wimbledon is on every summer and we never imagined a year when that wouldn’t happen, but it came to pass in 2020 and hopefully that is the final year when it won’t happen.
“For me being involved in the event on the committee, it was amazing to be part of the decision to cancel the event for the first time since the Second World War.
“What I can say is there are so many plans now being considered for 2021.
“I really do hope that this vaccine can have a big impact and we can return to something close to normality in the near future.
“It would be nice to look forward to Wimbledon as we know it because we all missed it this year.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner