‘We must come together and unite,’ says Novak Djokovic in brilliant message of hope over coronavirus
Novak Djokovic has urged the public to ‘get together and unite’ to defeat the coronavirus outbreak that currently grips the world.
The world number one was in brilliant form before the enforced break due to the coronavirus pandemic, with tennis not due to return until June 7 at the earliest.
In addition, the French Open has rescheduled for September, and the Olympics looks all but certain to be postponed until next year too due to public health concerns.
Djokovic, though, has urged unity, and had used his considerably platform to help people look after both their mental and physical health.
“I am all about being productive and proactive but in harmony with peace and innerstanding [sic] of our true essence,” Djokovic said on his social media.
“We can’t be healthy if our world isn’t healthy. This is the time for all of us to get together and unite,” the Serb wrote.
“Let’s really try to spend quality time with our family at home, enjoy the little things in life. Let’s try to laugh, love and dedicate time to inner work.
“Pray, meditate, eat healthy, play music, sing, dance, read, write, workout, sleep well, train our brains to think good thoughts… This is a great opportunity to do that.
“I pray for the health and healing of you. May God heal any sickness you have physical, mental or spiritual. May he give you health, energy and joy today.
“Very challenging times for everyone. I am sending support and prayers. Please stay at home in quarantine and help frontline medical people to help all the people infected and in need.
— Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) March 22, 2020
“Let’s not burden them in these critical times more than they already are. It’s all about perspective.
“We live in a fast-paced modern life. Constantly on the go. We rarely get to stop and contemplate our lives.
“We became addicted to this idea that we always need to be somewhere else and do something productive.
“By being at home we will not only hopefully help to slow the spread of this virus, but we will also give ourselves a chance to truly address certain emotions and subconscious programs that have been suppressed and ignored.
“We need to dig deep now and regenerate on every level of our beings.
“Only like that we will be able to raise our own vibration and help our Mother Earth heal quicker.
“We are all ONE. We all live in the same world. Please treat people and Nature like you would treat yourself. God Bless you all.
“We will be stronger and more united, I am sure.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner