‘To win world titles, you need to find that Novak Djokovic level’ – Serb and snooker star continue bromance
Snooker star Ronnie O’Sullivan continued his bromance with Novak Djokovic on Friday, once again citing the Serb as his inspiration.
O’Sullivan went into his world championship semi-final against Mark Selby saying he needed to ‘be like’ Novak Djokovic to win what would be his sixth world title.
He won the match, shading a last-frame thriller, and again mentioned Djokovic as he prepared for the final.
“I shouldn’t really be here,” O’Sullivan told reporters. “I’m 44 years old with no cue action. There’s no way I should be here.
“It’s either good or bad, you need to find that Djokovic level.
Thanks mate, appreciate the support 👊🏼
— Ronnie O’Sullivan (@ronnieo147) August 14, 2020
“Genius and bad don’t win you world titles, you need to be steady Eddie, you need to be Djokovic.
“All the flamboyant stuff doesn’t win you World Championships.”
‘The Rocket’ is often likened to Roger Federer as being the most naturally talented and enjoyable to watch player his sport has ever produced.
Djokovic reciprocated after the match, tweeting O’Sullivan a good luck message for the final.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner