ROLAND GARROS MEN’S DRAW: Djokovic and Nadal given kind quarters; Murray v Wawrinka blockbuster
Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal have been handed kind draws for Roland Garros, but Dominic Thiem has not been so lucky.
Djokovic, the top seed, will open his campaign against Swede Mikael Ymer, and looks to have a largely free run to the quarter-finals. Once there, Roberto Bautista Agut, Pablo Carreno Busta, Jan-Lennard Struff, or Matteo Berrettini likely await.
Fourth seed Daniil Medvedev, who has never won a match at Roland Garros, is a possible semi-final opponent for Djokovic, with Andre Rublev, Denis Shapovalov, and Stefanos Tsitsipas in his quarter.
Rafael Nadal may have to meet Alexander Zverev in the quarterfinals but will be happy with his draw until then, with Fabio Fognini the pick of the players in his quarter.
Full French Open men’s singles draw 👇 pic.twitter.com/Ld5kWr9kLz
— George Bellshaw (@BellshawGeorge) September 24, 2020
Thiem, meanwhile, has been handed a nightmare quarter in the draw.
Andy Murray and Stan Wawrinka will meet each other in a first-round blockbuster in Thiem’s section and either could be quarterfinal opposition for the Austrian.
Felix Auger-Aliassime, Gael Monfils, and Diego Schwartzman are also potential opponents at some point for Thiem.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner