Roger Federer named in unreal ATP Cup line-up in further fitness hint
Roger Federer has been named as one of Switzerland’s players for the ATP Cup in a further hint he will be ready for the Australian Open.
The ATP Cup is going ahead with 12 teams this year, and all matches will be played in Melbourne between February 1 and February 5 – the week before the Australian Open.
And, although the line-up is subject to change, every indication is that there is increasing confidence in the Roger Federer camp that he will be ready to return from knee surgery in Australia.
All of the top 11 players in the world are currently scheduled to take part, with Kei Nishikori using his protected ranking to get Japan into the event too.
Australia, as hosts, have received a wild card to enter, with Canada the alternates if needed.
Teams (subject to change):
Australia: Wild Card
Canada (alternates): Shapovalov/Raonic
Serbia are the reigning champions after Novak Djokovic brilliantly led his country to the title last year.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner