‘Roger Federer is still the biggest draw in tennis,’ insists Tim Henman
Roger Federer remains the ‘biggest draw in tennis’ despite his advancing years, says Tim Henman.
Federer has not played competitively for a year now after requiring double knee surgery in 2020.
He was due to make his comeback at the Australian Open next month, but has now confirmed he will miss the tournament as he is not quite physically ready.
However, he also reasserted his intent to return to tennis this year with Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics key targets for him, and Henman insists that is huge news for tennis.
“Yeah it’s massive [to have Federer back],” Henman told Eurosport. “I still think Roger Federer is the biggest draw card in our sport.
“He’s been out of action for so long so you know fingers crossed he’s going through his rehab process.
“But it’s really exciting when you hear him say that he is keen to get back out there and fingers crossed everything can go according to plan for Wimbledon and the Olympics.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner