‘Roger Federer has nothing left to prove, but his return will be great for tennis…’
Roger Federer has ‘nothing left to prove’ according to Tim Henman, who has described the Swiss ace’s desire as ‘incredible.’
Federer has missed most of 2020 after undergoing double knee-surgery, but he is back on the practice court now and looking good for a return at the Australian Open.
But while Henman believes Federer coming back onto the Tour will be great for tennis, he also has reservations at this stage.
“We have to hope Roger’s rehabilitation goes well, and he can get himself back up to a good level if he enters the Australian Open,” Henman, said.
“He wants to compete at the highest level, and it will not get any easier for him.
“To compete at the highest level will be challenging, but his eagerness to come back at the age of 39 is incredible.
“Roger has achieved so much and has nothing to prove. Still, he wants to come back and play again, and it will be great for the sport if he can reach the level he expects of himself.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner