‘Returns were good, I served pretty well, I played well’ – Andy Murray happy ahead of US Open return
Andy Murray has declared himself happy with his game after a fine performance at the Battle of the Brits on Thursday.
The former world number one teamed with Lloyd Glasspool in doubles action against Dom Inglot and Alastair Gray in Roehampton.
Murray looked in great shape too, helping his team to a solid 6-4, 6-4 win for Team Union Jacks.
“I was happy with it, I thought I played well, returns were good, served pretty well,” Andy Murray said afterwards.
“I was happy, I thought it was a good performance.”
Heather Watson also impressed, as she overpowered 17-year-old Emma Raducanu 6-2, 6-4.
🇬🇧 @andy_murray & LLoyd Glasspool win 🇬🇧
— LTA (@the_LTA) July 30, 2020
“It was a great day for me, I have been saying after each of my previous matches that I have been getting better and better after each match, today was a big jump, I definitely played some really good tennis.
“I was just loving it and I thought I played really well.
“This is my first week of playing matches since the pandemic begun, it is getting that match practice in and getting used to the stress of playing a match again.
“I am dealing with it better and I am feeling better.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner