‘Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, and Novak Djokovic are monsters,’ says Australian legend
Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic are ‘not normal human beings,’ according to Australian legend Pat Cash.
Tennis’ big three have won 57 Grand Slam titles between them and are constantly vying with each other for just about ever record the sport has to offer.
And, according to former Wimbledon champion Cash, no one else could have done what they have.
“They are monsters,” Cash said of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic. “They are not normal people, human beings. No one can do what they are doing.
“It takes a different mentality than normal people. Andy Murray has one too.
“To be the best you need some kind of obsession and they have it, beyond the fact that they are exceptional athletes.
“Federer could have excelled in any generation, no matter what racquet. Rafa and Novak have created something new, especially Rafa.
“The way he plays on clay is absolutely phenomenal [but] I don’t see Rafa being able to beat Roger on grass. Novak can do it on all surfaces.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner