“Only good things ahead” Motivated Medvedev eyes strong finish to season
Daniil Medvedev has revealed that he is “really motivated” to put recent poor results behind him, and finish the season strongly.
The world number 6 has suffered a run of below par results in recent weeks, winning just one match in his previous three events. But with a total of 3,000 ATP ranking points on offer in the final three tournaments of the season, Medvedev remains as motivated as ever to end the year on a high.
Speaking to atptour.com, the US Open finalist was candid in his ambitions for the rest of the season – “I am really motivated. There are only big points left… only good things ahead, so I am really motivated to just be good, practise good and play good”.
Having followed up his run to the US Open final in 2019 with another impressive semi-final finish, Medvedev’s form has since dramatically tailed off. But back on the indoor hard courts, the young Russian is relishing the challenge of Vienna. ““The tournament here in Vienna is actually really strong.. and if I manage to meet Dominic there, it will hopefully be a great match to watch”.
The two most recently met in the US Open semi-finals, with Thiem winning in straight sets en route to his maiden Grand Slam title.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner