‘Novak Djokovic is the strongest player at the moment,’ says ATP ace
Japanese ace Yoshito Nishioka says Novak Djokovic is the best player in the world due to his hitting power.
The world number 56 is known on the ATP Tour for being incredibly solid and capable of upsetting anyone.
However, he says that even he is not sure if he can beat Novak Djokovic, because of a variety of factors that set the Serbian apart from the rest.
“Novak Djokovic is the strongest player at the moment,” Nishioka said in a web chat.
“[His] ball control is accurate. People who see the impression that they just stick [to the surface].
“You may feel it, but I can’t attack because the quality of each ball is so high.
The base of the ball he is hitting and the level of the ball I want to hit are too different. I really felt the difference between them.”
Djokovic is the reigning Australian Open champion and is almost certain to surpass Roger Federer’s record of most weeks at world number one in 2021.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner