‘Novak Djokovic has reached near perfection with his tennis,’ says an inspired Stefanos Tsitsipas
Novak Djokovic has ‘reached almost perfection’ in his tennis, says Stefanos Tsitsipas, who has vowed to be inspired by the Serbian ace.
Djokovic and Tsitsipas played out a brilliant five-set semi-final at Roland Garros on Friday before the world number one’s class got him over the line and into Sunday’s final.
Far from being discouraged, though, Tsitsipas says he hopes to use the experience to push him to greatness.
“For sure he has reached almost perfection, Novak, in his game style, the way he plays, which is unbelievable to see honestly,” Tsitsipas said.
“That inspires me a lot to go out and work and try to reach that perfectionism, that ability to have everything on the court.”
The match itself proved a disappointment for Tsitsipas, who recovered from two sets and a break down to force a decider on Court Philippe Chatrier before Novak Djokovic won it.
“I’m both happy and sad of the loss,” he added. “At the very end of the match, an injury I had in Rome came back.
“It was difficult to close the match in a fighting way, in a fighting spirit.
“I’m happy that I came back to two sets all.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner