‘Novak Djokovic has less energy than usual,’ says ATP star
Novak Djokovic has ‘less energy than usual’ at the ATP Finals, says Matteo Berrettini who has trained with him this week.
Berrettini is an alternate at the ATP Finals, meaning he is at the venue and available as a high-quality hitting partner for players.
In that role he has been able to get a great insight on the mood within the camp, and he says he has noticed a change in Djokovic from his usual demeanour.
“I have played with everyone here in London except Nadal,” Berrettini told the Italian press, as per Tennisbuzz. “On free days he always trains with [Carlos] Moya.
“I see Medvedev [is playing] well but it is tough against Nadal.
“The winner of the Finals? I can’t tell. There will certainly be two great semi-finals and then there will be a super final.
“Rafa is adapting to the indoor conditions. Djokovic has a little less energy [than usual] but he has only lost three matches this year and when the level rises he is always there.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner