Nick Kyrgios brands legend ‘a desperate little groupie, lingering around like a bad smell’ in fresh feud
Nick Kyrgios is back feuding on social media with German legend Boris Becker, branding him ‘a desperate little groupie.’
Thepair clashed earlier this summer when Becker called Kyrgios a ‘rat’ for his criticisms of players for what he considered to be a lax attitude towards the coronavirus pandemic.
Kyrgios bit back in typical fashion, describing Becker as a ‘doughnut’ and ‘not the sharpest tool in the shed.’
It’s all erupted again now, although it was Becker who started this one by making a disparaging “in your dreams” comment on an Instagram post by the Australian in which he captioned a picture of himself with “different breed.”
View this post on Instagram
Nick Kyrgios, naturally, was in no mood to shy away from an online confrontation.
“Hating like a little groupie,” he replied on the Instagram post.
“Lingering around like a bad smell, maybe hoping to get more likes and follows. Unfortunately never be as influential.
He then backed it up on Twitter saying of Becker: “He’s gone from wanting to coach me, obviously for his desperate need of a pay check, to hating on my Instagram. Strange world we live in.”
Kyrgios will not have the chance any time soon to prove Becker wrong on the court, though, with him deciding not to play Roland Garros this year.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner