‘Naomi Osaka praise not the reason for Dayana Yastremska split,’ says Sascha Baijin
Sascha Bajin does not believe his praise of Naomi Osaka following a win over Dayana Yastremska was not the reason for him splitting with the Ukrainian.
After a match between the two, Bajin tweeted that Osaka, who he used to coach, was the better player.
Shortly afterwards, Baijin and Yastremska parted ways with those comments reportedly the reason behind it.
However, Baijin says he does not want to believe that.
“No, I just don’t want to believe that. I do not want to say much about this matter now either, because it is not worth mentioning for me.
“But that was not the reason for the separation. As I said, it was more due to the different approaches,”
“Maybe Dayana was a bit annoyed because I congratulated Naomi Osaka of all people.
“But I always do that. I congratulate the other team, but maybe it bothered them a little more.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner