Naomi Osaka moves into second US Open final declaring: ‘New York is my second home, I love it here’
Naomi Osaka says that a positive attitude helped her edge an epic US Open semi-final against Jennifer Brady.
Osaka and Brady traded big hits for over two hours on Arthur Ashe before the 2018 champion finally delivered the critical blow.
They were the first sets Brady had lost in the tournament, but it’s Osaka who moves into her second US Open final after collecting her tenth successive win.
“I kind of consider New York my second home,” Osaka said after the 7-6 (7-1), 3-6, 6-3 win. “I really love the atmosphere.
“Even though sadly there’s no people here, I really feel like this court really suits me well.
“I just felt like I wanted to come out of quarantine being positive and not really caring if I win or lose.
“I was sticking it out, it felt like we were trading serves.
“I think I tried to adjust a little bit on her serve in the third set so maybe that helped.”
Naomi Osaka will now have the chance to win a third career Grand Slam title in the US Open final on Saturday.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner