‘I could never find a tight enough fit’- Australian star sets up bracelet company during quarantine
A former top-20 WTA player is currently setting up her own bracelet company whilst quarantining in a hotel in Perth.
Daria Gavrilova, who is returning to tennis after injury problems over the past year, headed to Europe for the revised clay court season and reached the second round of the French Open before heading back to her adopted home nation of Australia.
Though many countries have relaxed quarantine rules for athletes in ‘sport bubbles’ Australia has maintained a strict quarantine for virtually all international arrivals, with Gavrilova and compatriot Ellen Perez currently approaching the end of a two-week isolation period.
Gavrilova and Perez have been active on social media sharing their experiences of quarantining together, playing badminton and tennis in their hotel room to keep occupied, though the 26-year-old has also branched out into setting up her own bracelet company.
View this post on Instagram
I started making bracelets because I could never find a tight enough fit so I could easily play tennis or do gym! I really want to make my own online shop but I have no idea where to start! Please DM me on @dash.lets and give it a follow 🥺 also, hope no one steals my idea 😂
“I started making bracelets because I could never find a tight enough fit so I could easily play tennis,” said the Australian in an Instagram post.
She has now set up a separate page, @dash.lets, on Instagram to share her designs.
“Maybe it’s going to be my side gig,” she joked.
Gavrilova, who represented Russia until 2015, reached a career-high of 20th on the WTA Rankings in 2017 and is now back inside the top 500 in the rankings following her run at the French Open, which saw her beat 24th seed Dayana Yastremska in the opening round.
Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner