‘He’s a very complete player’- Djokovic prepares for Carreno Busta rematch
Novak Djokovic will face Pablo Carreno Busta in the quarter-finals of the French Open today, less than a month after the Serbian was defaulted against the Spaniard at the US Open.
The world number one was down an break in the first set to the Spaniard when he infamously struck a line judge with a stray ball and was disqualified from their fourth round encounter at Flushing Meadows.
Djokovic, champion in Paris four years ago, will look for a less dramatic match on this occasion though believes the 17th seed can trouble him and anyone else on the ATP Tour.
“He’s a very complete player,” said the 17-time Grand Slam champion. “I think he has actually improved his game in the last 12, 15 months on all surfaces.”
“Maybe these kind of conditions also fit him nicely because the ball doesn’t bounce too high,” added Djokovic.
Having not yet dropped a set in Paris, Djokovic is a heavy favourite for this encounter and has won all three completed meetings between him and Carreno Busta.
The 17th seed will be hoping to reach his third Grand Slam singles semifinal, whilst Djokovic is hoping to reach a tenth semi-final at Roland Garros.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner