Updated: Fabio Fognini tournament schedule 2020
Fabio Fognini has had a typically inconsistant start to 2020, with the mercurial Italian earning some good wins and suffering some bad losses.
He was thrashed by Norwegian player Casper Ruud at the ATP Cup where he beat the huge-serving John Isner. Fognini then went on to lose in the first round of the Auckland Open, defeated by Spanish veteran Feliciano Lopez. At the Australian Open, the 32-year-old showed his fitness by winning two matches in fifth set tiebreaks. He lost to Tenny Sandgren in the fourth round in a feisty encounter.
In 2019, Fabio Fognini gained his ninth ATP title at the Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters when he defeated Dusan Lajovic in a two set win 6-3, 6-4. This was the only final that Fognini made it to in the 2019 season, only going as far as the Quarter-Finals in the best of his other tournaments.
The Italian star stirred up some trouble at Wimbledon in the 2019 tournament. After his third-round loss to Tennys Sandgren he had an on-court outburst saying that Wimbledon should be bombed. The player was then fined £2,396 and that wasn’t the first time he had been fined at Wimbledon for his offences. He has since apologised for the incident.
Fognini began the 2019 season at No.13 in the ATP Tour rankings, but dropped to No.18 during April. However, the player impressed when he climbed back up the rankings and managed to secure himself No.12 by the end of the season.
Fabio Fognini 2020 schedule is as follows:
ATP Cup (January 3–12)
ASB Classic (January 13 – 18)
Australian Open (January 20 – February 2)
Rotterdam Open (February 8 – 16)
Open 13, Marseille ( February 15 – 23)
Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships (February 17 – 29)
BNP Paribas Open (March 9 – 22)
Miami Open (March 25 – April 5)
Grand Prix Hassan II (April 4 – 13)
Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters (April 13 – 19)
MAY & JUNE
Mutua Madrid Open (May 4 – 10)
Internazionali BNL d’Italia (May 11 – 17)
Roland Garros (May 24 – June 7)
Wimbledon (June 29 – July 12)
Hamburg European Open (July 13 – 19)
Los Cabos, Mexico (July 20 – 26)
Coupe Rogers (August 7 – 16)
US Open (August 31 – September 13)
Laver Cup (September 25 – 27)
China Open (October 4 – 11)
Rolex Shanghai Masters (October 11 – 18)
Stockholm Open (October 19 – 25)
Rolex Paris Masters (November 2 – 8)
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates with our legendary newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner