Dominic Thiem: ‘I love Roland Garros and I will put everything I have into it again’
Dominic Thiem says he ‘loves’ the French Open and is determined to go deep again into the tournament this year.
Thiem won the US Open title last month to secure his first Grand Slam crown, but it was in Paris where he always looked most dangerous.
He has lost the in the final in each of the last two years – both to Rafael Nadal.
He is in the same half of the draw as Nadal this year, so would have to go through him in the semi-finals if he is to win the tournament, and he says managing his recovery may be key after such a big effort in New York.
“I really love this tournament and I would love to go deep and play well,” Dominic Thiem said after third round win over Casper Ruud.
“I will do everything for a good recovery. Today I had an early match.
“That is good, so I am going to have more than 48 hours to rest. I will try to get an easy, but good practice in tomorrow, and I have two good treatments with my physio.
“Some good food, some good rest. I will put everything I have into the match on Sunday.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner