Dominic Thiem gives injury update and confirms: ‘I have recovered from my injury’
Dominic Thiem has given an injury update and confirmed he will be fit enough to play the ATP Finals.
The US Open champion suffered severe blistering on his foot as lost to Andrey Rublev in Vienna.
Thiem pulled out of the Paris Masters as a result, but he will be able to take his place in London next week.
“After losing in the quarter-final at my home tournament in Vienna I recovered from my foot injury,” Dominic Thiem told his website.
“It took me two, three days to recover, then I started my preparation for the final in London at the O2-Arena.”
“On Wednesday I am leaving for London with a ‘mini-team’. The final goal of 2020, the memories of last year are nice!
“During the group phase I beat Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, I beat Alexander Zverev in the semi-final.
“Then I had that 6-7 in the third set against Stefanos Tsitsipas. It were just a few points that decided heaven or hell.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner