Rolex Paris Masters: ATP Tour event to allow 1000 fans for day session matches
The Rolex Paris Masters has announced that 1000 fans will be allowed to watch day session matches at the indoor ATP Tour tournament next month.
No fans will be allowed to attend the qualifying draw matches on Court 1 and Court 2 or night session matches at the ATP Tour event, with Paris and the rest of France dealing with a surge of COVID-19 cases.
In a statement, the tournament said: “The tickets sold will only give access to the Centre Court. All the matches played on Courts No. 1 and No. 2 will be played behind closed doors.”
The move is similar to that made by the French Open which also allowed 1000 fans on site per day.
A Masters 1000 event, the tournament in Paris-Bercy is considered one of the most prestigious on the ATP Tour and is usually the final battleground for those looking to secure a place at the ATP Finals though that may not be the case in such a shortened season.
World number two Rafael Nadal will play the event despite frequently skipping it in recent years, though Novak Djokovic has withdrawn and will instead play in Vienna ahead of the ATP Finals in London.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner