Andy Murray to return to action before Christmas in new Battle of the Brits event
Andy Murray will return to action this month in a third instalment of Battle of the Brits, it has been confirmed.
There were previously two tournament held during the first coronavirus lockdown earlier this year.
The event pits the best British talent against each other and is seen to be particularly helpful given the difficulties involved with international travel right now.
It is the brainchild of Andy Murray’s older brother Jamie, and will also feature Cameron Norrie and Dan Evans at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
“All the players were keen to get the chance to test themselves before the season begins,” Jamie Murray said.
“It’s been such an unusual year with so many disruptions that any competitive tennis people can get is welcome.
“Even in pre-season nobody likes to lose to their friends so we’re expecting some tight matches.”
Other names have been confirmed to be taking part alongside Jaimie and Andy Murray include Heather Watson, Jay Clarke, Harriet Dart, Emma Raducanu, Jodie Burrage and James Ward.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner