Alexander Zverev a slight doubt for ATP Finals with thigh injury, says brother
Alexander Zverev is a slight injury doubt for the ATP Finals due to a thigh injury, his brother Mischa has revealed.
Zverev has been very active since the ATP Tour restarted following the enforced coronavirus suspension, but he has also been in sparkling form.
However, brother Mischa has told Sky Deutschland that Alexander picked up a thing complaint in the second of the Cologne events he won.
He, though, does not expect it to keep him out of the ATP Finals, where he has already travelled to with coach David Ferrer, as well as his father.
Alexander Zverev certainly looked like he physically waned in the Paris Masters final last week, which he ended up losing to Daniil Medvedev in three sets.
“I was tired at the end of the second set; I was dead,” Zverev admitted after the match.
“The third set was always going to be difficult for me. I had an extremely physical match against Mannarino, which wore me down a lot. I didn’t have quite the energy to finish it off.
“I knew that I had to win in two sets, and once I lost the second set, I knew it was going to be difficult, especially against Daniil, who is not somebody wild but very composed.
“He’s going to make you run for every point. Yeah, it was difficult at the end.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner